Monday 2 June 2014

17. The final color for the frame

Some weeks after the frame was painted in light grey the color was dry and very hard. You even can not remove it with sand paper.
So I changed my first plan to install all pipes and components first to be shure, that they are fitting. Some scratches later - after everything is unmounted again - I will start with the final painting - a dark grey color.

But this color is so hard after is is fully dried, you can not get any scratches. Perfect.
Saves a lot of work.

At the bottom tubes I added a second ground layer to improve the corrosion protection. Is was a left over from the type "Brantho Korux Nitrofest" in black.

Then I started the 4 evening long event: the final painting of the frame.

After I was finished, I asked my daughter to search for light grey areas which I have not seen.

You know that feeling, when you finished an exausting task and then this tiny tot walks around your work and says: Here, here, here, here, ...  with a smile in her pround lovely face.

Next time I will have a third look before I ask for help.

The good thing is, that together we found every area, where the ground layer was seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment